Tex Avery was a cartoonist, aniamtion, director, and voice actor who was famous for working in "The golden age of hollywood animation". He created characters such as Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Droopy, Screwy Squirrel, and developing Porky Pig. His most famous work was for Warner Bro's. 
I very much enjoyed Tex Avery's characters as a young child. A particular favorite was "Droopy" because I thought it was hilarious that that whole character embodied the word droopy, even his voice fitted with the word. Avery's use of line to portray feelings was and still is However I prefer Chuck Jones's work because I liked the cartoons he created more. These included, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, the Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote, Sylvester, Pepé Le Pew, Porky's Hare Hunt, Rabbit! Duck! Rabbit! and Tom and Jerry. Duck Amuck, One Froggy Evening, and What's Opera, Doc? are today hailed by critics as some of the best cartoons ever made.

Jones believed that the key to true character animation was to create alive and believable characters. His technique is satirical and subversive which is refreshing.

No comments:
Post a Comment